Warranty & Support Information
A Word on Warranties......
Offering generous warranty terms and conditions is one thing. Backing them up is another. So when comparing them whilst you are choosing your piece of gym equipment we would like to raise some points for you to think about.
- The best warranty is one that is never used. So try and buy fitness equipment that has a reputation for quality and durability.
- Who backs the warranty? We could get cheaper products direct from manufacturers, but getting parts can be a nightmare. That is why we stock reputable American and European brands. They are servicing significantly larger markets than Australia and have access to plenty of parts.
- Lifetime warranties are thrown around with gay abandon these days. But what use is a lifetime warranty if the retailer/manufacturer is not around? In our ten years we have seen so many players come and go. For 10 years we have only stocked Powertec and Ironmaster. We chose to add IFS Products (Barbarian Line, MegaTec, ATX) because they have 20 years experience in the German market. Their products comply with European Standards. Sams Fitness and our suppliers all have a proven track record.
- They say the devil is in the detail and this is especially the case with warranties. Our business is built around repeat customers and referrals, so we go out of our way to keep customers happy. If you know someone who has bought our products I am sure that they will back that statement up. If you don't know someone, pick up the phone and give us a call, check out our testimonials or look up reviews on the net. If you have a legitimate warranty claim we will get it sorted for you. We want you to tell your friends how good our products and service are.
Receipt of Your Product
If you are getting your product delivered, please check the consignment has all the necessary boxes and that they are all there prior to signing. If the cartons are damaged please note this when signing and give us a call straight away. Make sure you take some photos and email them to us.
When you are unboxing machine and assembling, please let us know within 30 days of receipt if there are parts missing. If you know that you won't be assembling your gym for a while, because you are waiting on a shed to be completed etc, that is sweet. Just let us know at the time of purchase.
Ironmaster Gym Equipment
Ironmaster offer a 10 year warranty frame warranty (excluding paint or plating) for their benches, machines and optional attachments. The pads, cables, pulleys and upholstery are covered by a one year warranty.
The Ironmaster Quick Lock Dumbbells and Kettlebell Handle carry a lifetime warranty.
The Ironmaster warranty is for domestic use.
ATX Gym Equipment
The warranty terms and conditions for the Barbarian Line and ATX are intended for commercial use.
- 10 year warranty on frame excluding surface finish.
- 1 year on parts, cables and pulleys.
- 90 days on grips, pads and upholstery.
Please note that some commercial equipment being sold by our competitors are only covered by domestic warranties.
If you are using the Barbarian or ATX equipment in your home gym, and you have a manufacturing issue or defect with your grips, pads, upholstery outside the warranty terms we will review your issue. But please refer to my first point above about the best warranties are ones that are not used. Barbarian and ATX are designed by Germans for German commercial use. So it is over engineered for domestic use.
Barbell warranties are pretty much worthless in my opinion at the best of times. If you read the fine print on all Olympic bar warranties they make exclusions for misuse - such as dropping on safety bars or j-hooks, dropping without bumpers, dropping with not enough bumpers, storing the barbell with weight on it. A seller might offer a 1000 year warranty but when you lodge a claim they can always say the bar has been misused.
These exclusions have to be put in place for commercial barbells - we have all seen people do stupid things with barbells in gyms! So generally warranty claims from gyms are the result of misuse.
So as I have said above, you can avoid warranty issues by getting a barbell that has a proven track record of taking abuse. The ATX bars have done the rounds in weight rooms all through Europe. So if they were crap you would read about it on the internet.
So we do offer a 5 year warranty on the ATX Barbells for manufacturing defects. The warranty does not cover abuse or misuse. It also doesn't cover oxidisation on oxide bars. Oxide bars will get surface rust from moisture trapped under chalk or from sweat - so you will need to clean your bar with nylon bristles and apply some WD-40. If this sounds like too much trouble get a chrome bar.
You can make your bar last forever, even with very heavy training, with a bit of TLC. Don't store weights on them when not in use, don't drop deadlifts (ride the bar down), never drop without bumpers or on safety spotters/j-hooks.
- 10 year structural warranty.
- 2 years on parts.
- 1 year on grips and pads.
- For original purchaser only.
- Does not cover commercial usage.
Powertec Fitness Equipment
All Powertec machines are covered under the following warranty:
- Lifetime warranty on the frame (excludes surface finish).
- Two years on component parts (bearings, spring pins).
- Five year warranty on moving frames (press arms and other unspecified moving components).
- One year on pads, grips and unspecified parts.
- Replacement parts may vary in color.
- This warranty is for domestic use. It does not cover the normal wear and tear associated with commercial use on grips, cables and pulleys. We stock these parts at a reasonable price so they can be replaced if you would like to use Powertec products in a light commercial environment.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
- All warranties offered apply to the original purchaser only, and within Australia.
- If you have received a defective part or product, please let us know asap. Providing a part number from the manual and some clear, detailed photographs will make getting the part to you much easier. Once we have identified the part, we will ship it out to you. We may require you to ship the faulty part back at our expense.
- If you have an issue with a faulty part later on, please contact us with the relevant part number, proof of purchase and photographs.
- Paint work. Paint on flat packed gym equipment will never be perfect. There is always the odd scratch or chip. That is one of the small downsides of flat packing. The upside is incredibly cheap price compared to sending assembled. If there is excessive damage, severe scratching or faulty paint, we will replace.
- We may require you return the faulty part to be inspected and/or repaired. On a very rare occasion we can't determine whether a part has failed due to a manufacturing defect or misuse, alteration etc. So shipping charges may not be covered.
- Warranties are voided by misuse, neglect or unauthorised alterations.
- We reserve the right to replace a part with re-conditioned part or repair the original part. Most warranty service is done with new parts as that is the easiest. Whichever way we go you will have your equipment back in operational order.