Detailed Product Description
Take a close look at the ATX® Prowler and you will see it is head and shoulders over the competition. It’s design, features and it’s sheer weight all point to a product that has been built for the high performance athlete.
- Extremely heavy duty – rated for a massive 450kgs.
- Constructed with thick wall steel and reinforced with backing plates.
- Can be pushed and pulled, both from the front and the back.
- Vertical push handles made from 4mm thick steel tube. They can also be loaded with Olympic plates.
- One attachment point at the front. Two at the back.
- The feet are made from 8mm thick steel plate. Replacements available if necessary.
A Prowler Built to Last
You are probably comparing this item to Prowler’s that are less than half the price of the ATX® Sled. We could have sold these years ago, but after seeing first hand the problems associated with 2nd rate Prowlers I steered well clear. But I couldn’t jump on the ATX® Prowler quick enough soon after it was released.
Even if you don’t have an engineering degree, you can see that the vertical push handles on a Prowler are going to be subject to quite a deal of force. When you are pushing at the top, with a loaded sled, there is tremendous pressure applied to the base. Even more on uneven surfaces, where there is jolting. So there were plenty of trainers looking to get their dodgy Prowler’s welded!
Although it does help, just using thick steel does not solve all these issues. Design is equally important by identifying the weak points and strengthening them. You can see that the ATX® Prowler is braced and bolstered at all points. The only disadvantage is that it weighs 47kg so it may be a bit heavy for beginners.
What’s Included? ATX® Prowler Sled (ATX-PR-SLED)
Please note the pictures may feature optional attachments or items which are not included with the unit, this is to show the possible configurations/use of the unit.