Detailed Product Description
The ATX® Cable Crossover has been engineered for garage gyms, it features a low height design of 198 cm, dual carriages and a smooth movement thanks to the custom carriage design.
- Ball Bearing Carriage – Most of the units with the carriage design utilize sleeves instead of rollers. While some sleeves work great (take lat machine as an example) other provide a lot of unnecessary friction. The ATX® Engineers designed a roller operating carriage, which not only can handle a lot of weight but also makes the movement much smoother.
- High & Low Pulley – This unit features a high and low pulley on each side, allowing you to switch between exercises with no additional adjustment.
- Swiveling Pulleys – Both high and low pulley swivel on ball bearings, which further reduces the overall friction.
- Low Height – One of the most attractive features of this cable crossover is its low height. At just 198 cm it will easily fit into most sheds and garages.
- Reinforcement Brackets – Most of the cable crossover units which feature a similar design, lack the reinforcement brackets, which makes the whole unit feel quite flimsy. ATX® addressed these problems by adding thick reinforcement brackets which bolt onto the unit. There are a total of 4 bolts holding the main upright alone, so you can be sure that there will be no flex in the unit at all.
- Floor space – The feet of the ATX-CCS-500 Cable Crossover machine are facing outward, instead of the industry standard inward. This eliminates the tripping hazard and gives you additional real estate for desired activities.
- 2:1 ratio – The 2:1 ratio means that the weight loaded onto the unit will he halved due to the mechanical pulley advantage. Normally it would be considered as a downside, but for cable crossovers it is a feature. First the mechanical advantage will allow you to increase the weight in smaller increments, which is a must for accessory exercises. But most importantly you will get additional cable stretch, if you pull the cable 20 cm from the pulley the carriage will only move up by 10 cm.
What’s Included? ATX® Cable Crossover 500 198cm (ATX-CCS-500), 4 x Olympic Adaptors, 4 x Carabiners.
Please note the pictures may feature optional attachments or items which are not included with the unit, this is to show the possible configurations/use of the unit.