Detailed Product Description
The ATX® Tactical Vest was created in collaboration with European military equipment company for the requirements of functional fitness training.
You can clearly see from the features below that a lot of thought went into the design of this product:
- Slim Fit – The front and back area of the vest is just large enough to fit the weights.
- One size fits all – adjustable shoulder straps and waistband helps to avoid the unnecessary friction while moving.
- Extra wide waist bands wrap around your body rather than dig in than some of the alternatives available on the market
- Removable padding can be washed or changed which is a must in Australian weather!
- Mesh on the inside of the vest for optimal breathability.
- Unique strap design which offers open neckline and better pressure distribution on the shoulders.
- Large Velcro surface at the front of the vest allows you to decorate with the custom patches.
- Material: 100% 600D polyester.
- Designed and manufactured entirely in Europe by a recognized military equipment company
Rather than opting for the industry standard weights, ATX® and the undisclosed Equipment Military equipment company opted for the SAPPI design (Small Arms Protective Insert). Which allows you to use pretty much any Standard 10 x 12 inch weight plates (or body armor plates).
As these plates are NOT BULLETPROOF, ATX® were able to add a little bit of comport to CrossFit/Tactical training by designed Unique Weight Plates.
They feature a triple curved ergonomic design which offers exceptional comfort and freedom of movement!
To make the handling of the plates easier, German engineers added grips to these plates which allows you to switch the plates out in seconds.
Weight Plate Sizes
The ATX® Weight Vest Plates come in three sizes, and have been powder coated for easier identification and protection from external forces (not bullets though).
|Weight per Pair
Explanation of weight sizes
The total weight of a pair of 6.17 lb or 9.17 lb of the ATX ® weight plates, in combination with the ATX ® Weight Vest – weight vest is exactly 14 lb (6.4 kg) or 20 lb (9. 1 kg). These total weights correspond to the official weights for women and men in the CrossFit games.
The total weight of a pair of 4.17 lb weight plates is 10 lb (4.5 kg) total and is ideal for beginners and juniors.
Warning : These weight plates are not bulletproof and are intended only as a training accessory.