Detailed Product Description
For those who are not familiar with Olympic weightlifting, Lu Xiaojun is a 3-time Olympic Weightlifting Gold Medalist and a 5-time World Champion who currently dominates the 81 kgs weight class.
We figured that if this Open Hex Trap Barbell is enough for a 3-time Olympic Gold Medalist, it should be okay for most of Australian strength training enthusiasts.
One of the main benefits of hex trap bar deadlifts compared to your regular bar deadlifts is that it allows your body to stay more upright. This reduces the strain on your lower back while increasing the muscle activation in your quads.
Features of the LU XIAOJUN Hex Trap Bar
- Dual Grips – choose between 28mm and 38mm grips for additional training variations.
- Knurled aluminum grips with knurl marking for easier hand positioning and improved grip.
- Open Design – no more tripping hazards, simply walk into the hex trap bar and start lifting.
- Built-In Deadlift Jack – saves time and energy when it comes to loading/unloading weight plates. It features grooved edges which dig into the rubber tiles and prevent the bar from slipping.
- Oversized sleeves – comes in handy if you are planning on using bumpers plates.
- Reinforced Construction – the connecting beams have an additional 8 mm thick plates welded to it, to prevent flexing and extend the longevity of the bar.
- Thick Steel – the bar is manufactured out of 8mm & 10mm thick steel sheets which will withstand any punishment you will throw at it.
- Weight Load Capacity – the manufacturer states that the barbell is rated to 680 kgs, but our recommended safe working load for reps would be 500 kgs.